NC Works is a one-stop online resource for job seekers and employers in North Carolina. Employers can find candidates, post jobs, and search labor market information. The local office provides job placement services on a non-fee basis. They can match applicants with openings and arrange appointments for interviews. Employees hired through NC Works who are terminated within the first 100 days due to inability to perform may be non-chargeable to the employer’s unemployment insurance account.
- NC Works office in Burke County
720 East Union St.
Morganton, NC 28655
Local Staffing Agencies:
- Catawba Valley Staffing, 828.432.9797
- Friday Staffing Services, 828.437.4200
- AccuForce, 828.432.2950
- Quick Temps Inc., 828.430.9252
- Onin Staffing, 828.874.8200
To look for recent college graduates:
- UNC-Chapel Hill Career Services
- NC State Recruiting
- Western Carolina Career Services
- Appalachian State Career Development Center
- UNC Asheville Employer Toolkit
- UNC Charlotte Career Center
- Wake Forest Employer Relations
A unique, workforce development program run by BDI in partnership with local companies and Western Piedmont Community College. Learn more…
Customized industrial training is available to new and existing companies through the North Carolina community college system. Companies creating 12 or more jobs in a year are eligible for free, customized training.
- All training is customized and is structured by your company and the community college
- Instruction can be done through college personnel or through company employees
- Programs include: pre-employment assistance, qualified instruction and training, facilities and equipment, supplies and customized materials
On-the-Job Training Funding – allows for 50% of workers’ wages paid during a specific training period to be reimbursed to you.
Occupational Skills Training – occurs when there is a demand for a specific occupation from our region, or when a single company agrees to hire all certified completers of a specialized skill-training program. Training can be customized and can be conducted on-site or on campus.
Focused Industry Training – customized, small enrollment classes in skills critical to a company’s operations. The training is tailored to the needs of the company and requires six students or less.
Learn more about Western Piedmont Community College and workforce training.