- I-40 crosses Burke County for more than 30 miles, including 14 interchanges
- US Hwy 64 and 70, along with NC Hwy 18 and 126, intersect the county
- NC 181 provides access to the Blue Ridge Parkway north of Morganton
- I-77, I-26 and I-85 are less than an hour away
- Numerous trucking companies serve Burke County
- Central location allows for overnight shipment to New York, Florida and various cities to the west including Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis and New Orleans
- Norfolk-Southern Railway extends through central Burke County
- Morganton yard has 75-car capacity
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport is within an hour via four-lane divided highways connecting to I-85. It is the eastern hub for US Airways and supplies numerous transcontinental and international flights daily.
- Morganton-Lenoir Airport is a general aviation airport located along the Burke County line. Features a 5,500 ft. runway, a localizer approach system, fixed base operator, engine maintenance services, flight lessons, aircraft rentals, charter service and on-site hangars.
- Hickory Regional Airport is located in eastern Burke County and the Asheville Regional Airport is approximately one hour away via I-40.
Ports and Intermodal Network
- North Carolina operates two deep water ports (at Wilmington and Morehead City) and two intermodal terminals (the Triad Terminal and the Charlotte Intermodal Terminal, which is within two hours of Burke County).