Project RENEW Updates
March 1, 2013
- In case you missed the announcement, we are continuing Project RENEW thanks to a grant secured through the Department of Commerce. Over the next two years we will graduate an additional 300 participants.
- We have added an OSHA 10 certification to the curriculum so candidates now graduate with four nationally recognized certifications!
- Penny Justus, former RENEW Coordinator, found a fulltime job (congrats Penny!) and we are very excited to announce that Alona Forney will be our new RENEW Coordinator! Alona also works part time at Western Piedmont Community College in the Continuing Education Department so she has prior experience and knowledge of working with RENEW candidates. She will be a wonderful asset to the program. You can reach Alona at 828.448.5299 or at Alona@burkedevinc.com
- The third RENEW class graduates on Thursday, April 25. Companies are welcome to attend the graduation to interact with these potential employees and collect resumes. More details to come soon on this event!
- The fourth RENEW class will begin on May 7. We are currently doing intake for this class. We will have two information sessions for anyone interested in registering. This RENEW Information Sessions Flyer has additional details. Please share this flyer with anyone you know who might be interested in attending.
- Companies – if you have current employees who are “underemployed” and you want them to participate in this program, please contact us ASAP so we can reserve those spots!