BDI Provides Annual Report
July 13, 2018
For Immediate ReleaseBURKE COUNTY, N.C. (July 13, 2018) – During the June Board of Directors meeting, the BDI action plan and strategies were reviewed. Feedback was given from the Board to evaluate areas of strength as well as areas needing attention as plans are developed for the upcoming year. Alan Wood stated it had been a very successful year for the organization and sited accomplishments which included the following projects:
- Continental facility expanded and will add a new product line that will result in the creation of 160 new jobs and a $40M investment in equipment and facility upgrades. The state supported the project with a Job Development Investment Grant (JDIG).
- ZRODELTA will open a company headquarters in Rutherford College creating 151 jobs and investing $34M over the next five years. Ammunition and firearms will be manufactured and distributed from the 120,000-sq. ft. facility. The company received a $500,000 Building Reuse Grant to renovate and up-fit the building for their needs.
- Sunrise Global Marketing LLC, manufacturers of Greenworks Tools, the leader in battery-powered outdoor power tools for DIY-consumers and landscaping professionals, will locate a distribution facility and bring 187 new jobs and a minimum of $8M investment to Burke County.
- The City of Morganton was awarded a $230,000 building reuse grant to support the renovation of One North Square. A Caring Alternative, a comprehensive care agency providing behavioral health and substance use disorder services, will expand in the 24,170-sq. ft. building and add 23 jobs.
- VEKA, a global leader in the vinyl extrusion industry, will locate a new facility in Burke County. Over the next four years the company will create 102 jobs and invest $18M. VEKA, Inc. is one of North America’s most respected suppliers of vinyl window and door profiles. They will receive a $500,000 performance-based grant from the One N.C. Fund, which provides financial assistance to local governments to help attract economic investment and to create jobs.
- Total jobs announced: 623
- Total Projected Capital Investment: $102.9M
###Contact: Alan Wood 828.764.9372